FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, October 3, 2013
- Eva Millona. Executive Director of Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition (MIRA)
- Roxana Rivera, District 615 Leader of SEIU 32BJ
- Patricia Sobalvarro, Executive Director of Agencia Alpha
- Natalicia Tracy, Executive Director of the Brazilian Immigrant Center
- Magalis Troncoso, Executive Director of Dominican Development Center
- Affected Immigrant Family
- Buses will come from Fitchburg, New Bedford, Brockton, Lynn, Springfield, Williamstown and Worcester and gather in Boston
- Boylston St and Dartmouth St (public sidewalk in front of the Public Library in Copley at
- Public figures will be the "Leaders of the March," guiding participants towards two Bank of America branches on Boylston St. to deliver a letter demanding a public statement against anti-immigrant politics and in support of Immigration Reform.
- The march will continue down on Boylston St. to turn on Charles St.
- Attendees will arrive at Boston Common’s corner of Beacon St and Charles St. to begin the 1 hour program on the stage with music and the testimonies of 3 families and request the commitments of our MA congresional delegation to meet with Speaker Boehner and demand to enact immigration reform NOW.
To that end, the rally will call on all members of the Massachusetts delegation to the House — all of them Democrats — to raise their voices publicly for consideration of a comprehensive bill, one with a path to citizenship and without militarization of the border. The rally will begin with a and march from Copley square past several branches of Bank of America, which supporters will publicly call to stop supporting Speaker Boehner with campaign contributions.